Organisational information about the UniAccount
- The ITMC Service Desk is available for general questions or problems. This applies in particular if you have forgotten the password after activation or password change or can no longer log in. You can also contact them with specific questions about configuring a computer for intranet access or setting up mail programmes to access the mailbox.
- In addition to UniMail, UniAccount and password are used as the basis for identification in other online applications, such as LSF and ServicePortal. The prerequisite for using these applications is prior activation.
However, additional, application-specific restrictions may apply, so that it is not possible to call up other online applications even if the UniAccount has been properly activated.
Documents for the use of the UniAccount
- For new hires or new enrolments, the UniAccount and password are communicated in written form together with further information.
For students, they are printed in information from the Student Secretariat.
Employees receive a written notification at their work address from the ITMC.
- Employees who have studied at the University of Dortmund and have already received an account as students will not receive a new account. The mail address entered when the student account was activated remains valid. If the student account has not been activated, it must be used together with the corresponding matriculation number for the activation.
- Account and password can only be communicated if the identity is guaranteed. Therefore, information by telephone or e-mail is not possible. In the standard case, you will receive information in person at the Service Desk of the ITMC, whereby you must identify yourself with a photo ID (and, if applicable, a certificate of enrolment).
Current employees can also choose to receive the information by letter to the service address. Requests in this case can be sent to the Service Desk.
Former employees and students can also contact the Service Desk. Please include your full postal address if you send the request by mail.
Account, password and activation
- When the UniAccount is activated, the personal mail address is created and access to the mailbox is enabled.
- After activation, the functions to be used with the UniAccount are usually available on the following day or the next working day.
- Educational rules apply to the password (e.g. length limit, selective character selection). Please observe the corresponding instructions when changing the password.
- When changing a password, the new password for accessing the mailbox is effective immediately. For other functions, however, it may take effect at a later time for technical reasons. Please observe the corresponding notes in the password change display.
Important information for first-year students
For organisational reasons, you can activate your place at the earliest 5 working days after receipt of the documents! As a first-year student, please only carry out the activation if you really want to accept the place!
Intranet and UniAccount information
- The right to use access to the University's intranet via VPN etc. is cancelled when the active affiliation with the Technische Universität Dortmund ends. Exceptions are possible in certain cases according to the contracts with the providers or licence conditions.
Holders of a UniAccount can use the public pools of the ITMC for mail retrieval via the webmailer interface.