Employees may carry out the activation immediately. For organizational resasons, students must wait at least 5 work days after receiving the documents before carrying out the activation! If you are a beginning student, please only carry out the activation if you intend to accept your study place at TU Dortmund University!
- the account and password, which are printed in the certificate of enrollment or, for employees, are contained in the respective employment notification;
- a security question (i.e. a question with an answer that is only known to you), which can be used as additional information for identification in cases of uncertainty.
- In the course of the activation, you must explicitly confirm that you comply with the applicable laws and regulations of TU Dortmund University and the IT & Media Center and have taken note of the legal information. You must also ensure that it is your personal data and not that of any other person. Without this confirmation, no activation will take place!
Please read the Legal Information before beginning. In the further process, only the actual consent text will be displayed.
- As a rule, your new email address will be available on the following day. The account can immediately be used for some functions.
- Each individual can only activate one UniAccount. If due to cancellation of your enrollment and renewed enrollmen,t you receive a new enrollment number and password and have already activated your old account, your new course of study will as a rule be transferred to the old enrollment number in the Office of Student Affairs. The same applies if you are already an employee of TU DortmundUniversity. In this case, the account you received in the course of your employment will be transferred to your studies.
- The data are transferred as a rule in encrypted form (https), to ensure the security of confidential data. Therefore, depending on the workstation, you may be prompted by the server to accept the appropriate certificate on your computer. You must confirm this request, otherwise the Web interfaces cannot be used!